OUR CHOICE, OUR END: MAN MADE
ManMade is a VR adventure game set in an AI-ruled 2050’s dystopian world. Kaan is the father of the most advanced AI in the world and was a devoted advocate for its use, until he saw the real face of AI. Now, aware of the truth, he’s the greatest enemy of the system.
No one would have guessed that the world was on the verge of significant change, nor the unfortunate chain of events that was awaiting Kaan, who once was the pioneer of advanced artificial intelligence. Living an entirely happy life, an accident changed the course of Kaan’s life. Losing his faith in artificial intelligence, Kaan desired to get revenge on the system that betrayed him. The game reveals the fate that might befall Istanbul and rest of the world in the year 2050, unveiling the setting for you by demonstrating how other people and our choices can drastically change our lives, touching the surface of the fear of a future lead by the growth of artificial intelligence.
William Kaan Roberts
The 33 years that I left behind took with it the blue of the sky, the green of the grass, and most importantly, my dignity as a human being. In 2050, Istanbul, a city that I have moved to from New York, has left nature behind. Just as it is in many parts of the world, the water is artificial, the food is limited … I am a human being who is living in a period of progress towards becoming a prisoner of the very artificial intelligence that was made to serve humanity. In this period when the eyes of humankind are blind, I go into a tough fight.
I’m Willian Kaan Roberts. I have no visible, tangible or vocal enemy against me… My enemy is artificial intelligence – that which I created with my own hands…
I was 18 years old when I was admitted to Stanford University in 2030, leaving my family behind in a crowded country called India. A few years later, as an artificial intelligence developer, I joined Charles Collins & Co, one of the most important companies in the era.
In the year 2048, the time I made the most significant invention of human history, I did not realize that my life was going to be taken away from me … I did not understand that while I loved Kaan, I was becoming his primary enemy at the same time…
He thought he went to Istanbul and left me in New York, but I did not leave him…
I’m Anika Gupta. An American citizen of Indian origin who lead humanity into artificial intelligence’s hand, enslaved to her love…
- Experience the world as different characters: Every character has a different background, beliefs, and abilities.
- Every detail matters: Exploring the scenes will provide more information to use later in the game for overcoming problems, unraveling the truth, and persuading people.
- Every decision and every dialogue choice matters: Every choice you make shapes how you experience the game. You can play the game more than once to experience the game differently.
- Use your wit and enhanced senses to solve mysteries: You will use enhanced senses to uncover what no one else can.
- Feel the tension with action sequences: You have to act quickly and correctly when quick time events or limited time events occur.
- Intuitive virtual reality controls and movement: You will be immersed in virtual reality while experiencing the story in an interactive cinematic world.
- A futuristic detective-like experience: Use your enhanced senses to investigate scenes, gather information, and chase leads.
- A cinematic VR camera: An innovative take on virtual reality camera allowing you to experience the story as you should. No motion sickness but no lost immersion in the story either.
- Real actors, real performances: 3D scanning was used to digitalize the faces of actual actors. We used IKinema motion capture and FaceWare technology for capturing the performances of actors for action sequences and other game movements.
- An official soundtrack will be released: A soundtrack consisting of 20 tracks from various artists will be available for purchase (included in the deluxe edition).
ManMade will be available on Kickstarter in February 2018. The developers are planning to release it for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PC platform, Playstation and Playstation VR.